Terms and Conditions
Marie Curie Trading Limited Terms and Conditions
In these terms the reference to 'Marie Curie’ means Marie Curie Trading Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Curie whose registered office is at 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TP, charity registration number 207994 (England and Wales), SC038731 (Scotland). Registered as a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales (02292795). Any reference to 'you' means the person purchasing the goods. Any reference to 'shop' means our online shop accessed via www.mariecurie.org.uk/shop
By ordering and purchasing goods through the shop you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to the terms and conditions laid out below. These are the terms and conditions upon which you are buying your goods from Marie Curie Trading Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Curie. Please read them carefully before submitting your order.
- Postage and packaging will be an additional charge added on to the value of your order. The charity can only accept orders on-line for delivery within the British Isles and BFPO address. For information about overseas delivery, please email email@example.com, telephone 0844 415 7854, or write to: Marie Curie, PO Box 621, York House, Wetherby Road, York YO26 0EX.
- All product prices shown on the shop are the set retail price (inclusive of VAT). They do not include postage and packing. Postage and packaging prices will need to be added at the order confirmation stage of your transaction (see clause 3 below). If eligible to receive a free gift, this will be included in your delivery of goods. Free gifts are subject to availability and Marie Curie Trading Ltd reserves the right to substitute gifts of an equivalent value. All offers are subject to specific restricted time frames and may only be used once per customer unless specified otherwise.
- Postage is charged at £4.95 for orders up to and including £40. For orders of £40.01 and over, postage will be free. Your order will usually be delivered within 7 working days; however, please allow 14 days. Postage and packing costs will not apply to “Gifts That Matter” or e-cards. These items also do not count towards the basket calculation for postage costs.
- If you are not satisfied with any item for any reason, please refer to our returns policy.
- If you would like to return an unwanted gift please be advised that we will only be able to offer a refund to the individual who purchased the item. If you would like to exchange the unwanted gift we will be obliged to notify the purchaser.
- All product sizes and weights are approximate.
- Your card payments are always secure. Credit and debit card details are transferred via SSL encryption to our fulfillment house, Mosaic Fulfillment Solutions, who process all transactions on Marie Curie’s behalf. No charge will be made to your card until your order has been dispatched. Paypal payments are taken at the point of transaction.
- Marie Curie Trading Limited reserves the right to change the specification of the products featured on the website.
- Supplies of goods are subject to availability. If we are unable to fulfil your order our customer services team will contact you to discuss the provision of a substitute item or to process a refund.
- Where payment is by credit/debit card the person ordering must be the credit/debit cardholder or have the cardholder's permission. Should the cardholder deny that permission was granted, you may be subject to legal action.
- This contract is governed by English Law.
- If you have any questions please contact the Customer Services team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them on 0844 415 7854 - open 8.00am – 8.00pm Monday to Friday and 9.00am - 6.00pm Saturday and Sunday.
- All the profits from the sale of items on the online shop are gifted to Marie Curie and go towards providing more nursing care for people living with a terminal illness and their families.
- Marie Curie reserves the right to use the funds from the sale of Gifts That Matter products where they are most needed to continue to provide care for terminally ill people in its nine hospices and in their own homes.
- You are solely responsible for the content of any message placed on an e-card and will be solely liable for any defamatory, discriminatory, obscene or offensive statement or any false, misleading, inaccurate, infringing or other actionable material contained or referred to in any message.
- You are solely responsible for the accuracy of your order, including the accuracy of the text and email addresses submitted. Marie Curie cannot accept responsibility for e-cards that have not been delivered as a result of the wrong email address nor can we accept responsibility for spelling mistakes. Please check your order carefully before submission.
- You undertake not to send e-cards to people who do not wish to receive emails from you.
- You agree to remain bound by these Terms and Conditions (as amended from time to time) for as long as you wish to use our site.
- The enforceability or otherwise of any provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions.
- Except for our affiliates, directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the UK Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.